Requests for repeat prescriptions should be in writing and if possible by using the slip attached to your last prescription.
Orders can also be placed online via the link at the top of this page. You will need to register in person at the surgery to be able to use this service; please see our “New Patients” page for instructions on how to do this.
When will my repeat prescription be ready?
- We have made a 1 page guide for you to download and print to help you plan your repeat ordering.
Ball Tree Surgery - When will my prescription be ready guide [PDF]
- We usually recommend a minimum of 2 full working days to allow us time to receive and process your request.
- Sometimes it may take a little while extra for the prescriptions to be signed by the GPs after they have been printed by our reception team.
- At this time of year please assume that it will be a minimum of 3 working days
- If you have requested your prescription to go to a chemist of your choice, please allow 7 working days.
- If you post us a request for a repeat prescription please include a Stamped Self-Addressed Envelope. Please allow 7 working days.
Did you know?
- We do not allow requests for repeat medication to be made by phone for safety reasons. This is recommended practice. We are sorry if this causes you inconvenience.
- If you need further supplies of Hormone Replacement Therapy HRT, you will need to book an appointment with your GP
- If you require additional contraceptive pills, please book an appointment with one of our Nursing Team. We do not issue contraception as a repeat prescription.
- Some medication requires us to ask you to provide a blood sample every so often before we are able to reissue it. This is for your safety.
- If you receive a Blood Test form from us, please book in with one of our Health Care Assistants for a Blood Test Appointment. These are held most mornings.
Simplifying Repeat Prescriptions
It is simpler for you if you only have to order your repeats every one or two months.
If you are finding that you need to order more often than that as your medicine runs out at different times, please let us know.
We will try to bring all your repeat medication into line so that you can order less frequently. This will help you and will also help us as we will receive fewer requests.