Disability Register: the Compass Card scheme for children and young people with SEND.
About the Compass
- The Compass scheme is run in West Sussex and Brighton and Hove by the charity Amaze. It includes the West Sussex Disability Register (a statutory duty for WSCC) and a free leisure discount card for all children and young people on the Register.
- The Disability Register is for 0 to 25 year olds who have an EHCP (Education Health Care Plan) in school/college or are eligible for DLA/PIP. Other children and young people, who have a disability that has a major effect on their daily living, may also be eligible. Data from the Register is used to inform and shape SEND services.
- When families register (for free) on the Compass scheme they receive a discount card giving access to leisure activities for local disabled children and young people (at 300+ venues in non-Covid times). It Gets Me Out, an independent evaluation of the West Sussex Compass Project by the University of Brighton in May 2020, demonstrates that the Compass Card significantly improves children and young people’s physical fitness, mental health, and confidence.
Register here; https://www.registercompasscard.org.uk/
Join us on Facebook here; https://www.facebook.com/AmazeCompassCard
Any queries, drop us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Download the letter to parents
Adur and Worthing Wellbeing Services - download a leaflet [PDF] with options including:
- Wellbeing MOTs
- Living Well
- Aging Well
- Cookery Skills Courses
- Support with alcohol
- Being well in your workplace
- Being referred for physical exercise
Coastal West Sussex CCG
Watch a video about the vision for Integrated Care in your local NHS
Watch a video about Stroke Services in your local NHS
Visit www.coastalwestsussexccg.nhs.uk to find out more